Sonrisas Level III Elementary Spanish Curriculum
Use Sonrisas Level III to teach Spanish to elementary and middle school students grades 4th – 8th. Students begin to explicitly learn grammar, culture, and communication strategies with the goal of communication. Level III sets students up for success when they progress to more traditional language classes in high school and beyond.
HOW IT WORKS
- Every lesson begins with an introduction to the cultural theme for the lesson. As the lesson progresses, students learn vocabulary and language structures that enable them to investigate, explain, and reflect on the cultural perspectives and products that have been introduced.
- Calendar and TPR activities provide lots of practical, conversational language while making a link to the earlier Sonrisas levels.
- Each lesson focuses on one main grammar concept. There is a grammar lesson, a grammar exercise for students, and lots of opportunity for practice as the grammar concept is woven into every segment of the lesson.
- Students engage in the fun and effective TPR Storytelling® method which gives them lots of conversational practice with comprehensible input.
- Students are taught specific communication strategies that will aid them in bridging communication gaps that result from differences of language and culture.
Sonrisas Level III includes:
Level III Teacher’s Manual
- A step-by-step explanation and guide for teaching the lessons.
- Seven units with ten lessons each provide enough material for up to 140 class sessions. Lesson plans include unit overview pages, lesson plan pages, culture introduction pages, grammar lessons, story guides, communication strategy pages, and reading pages.
- Scope and sequence articulates the communication objective, language outcomes, grammar concepts, and communication strategy for each lesson.
Level III Student Portfolio
- Students do grammar and reading exercises and practice communication strategies.
- Each lesson culminates with a Partner Time activity in which students engage in the interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational modes of communication while they use what they learned in the lesson to complete a task together.
- Portfolio activities can be done in class or assigned for homework.
- Home Reports for each lesson allow parents to see what their child is learning in Spanish. Teachers can photocopy and send the reports home to parents. Home Reports include an assessment section and suggestions for at-home enrichment.
- Formative and summative assessments allow teachers to monitor student learning in order to guide instruction and evaluate student learning using specific metrics.
- The Student Portfolio is fully reproducible and comes in both a hard copy, spiral-bound version and a digital version, making it user-friendly for teachers.
Level III Resource CD
- 64 documents and images support the lessons. Fully reproducible and/or interactive with laptops or devices.
- Contains a digital version of the Student Portfolio
- Contains five training videos for the Level III lessons.
- This item is no longer available as a physical CD. It is delivered digitally.
THERE ARE THREE WAYS THAT YOU CAN ORDER OUR CURRICULUM:
Pay with a credit card here on the website
Email or fax a purchase order to our office
Call our office for a quote